NewSpring- Sermon Notes- April 1 “Overwhelmed?”- Week 7
“Peace (and Hope)”
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,” (Romans 5: 1)
2 Types of Peace
1) Peace with God
– When we are in a relationship and their is a rift, it is because someone feels like they have been wronged.
– Some today have a rift in our relationship with God. Many feel like they have been wronged or are feeling guilty of wronging God!
– The only way to make a rift go away and bridge the gap in a relationship is to say “I am sorry” and ask for forgiveness!
Through Christ, we have forgiveness for our wrongs but we sill have to say I’m sorry and repent to get true peace!
Have you made peace with God?
2) The Peace of God
– If we are walking in chaos and disorder, we will evenually fall to our death. But if we do a 360, we will stop walking towards death ad walking towards eternal life and in life!
To get true Peace in life, we must have peace with God!
– When you allow Jesus to get involved and start leading your life… He turns chaos into peace. He turns pain into joy. He turns struggles into strength!
When we live in fear and anxiety of what the future will bring we are trapped and limited to our own strengths to overcome. When we lift our fears to God, he reminds us I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!
– “I can do ALL (struggle with depression, lack of finances, job loss, sickness, addiction, death) through Christ who strengthens me!”
Don’t limit the ALL based on you, peace in and with God gives us the strength to do ALL in Him!